If you are new in strength training then deadlift is one of the easiest movement to learn and incorporate into your workout schedule. this is incredibly functional move. Along with that this exercise engage almost your entire body especially your gluts, hamstrings, lower back, core, quads etc. So when you start doing this exercise. Just make sure you start with light weight dumbbell. because that will be the best way to start. At the end this not only increase your strength but also improve your body movement and posture. the only difference between normal deadlift and dumbbell deadlift is the dumbbell. it also helps in building strong hamstrings.
BENEFITS OF DUMBBELL DEADLIFT-
- Deadlift work on entire body like core, lower back, hamstrings, quads, lower back etc.
- It helps in building great strength and power.
- The best part of this is that it helps in improve body posture.
- this exercise helps in injury prevention.
- deadlift can save your precious time because it’s a multi joint exercise you can train whole body with this exercise.
- you can easily add deadlift in your workout schedule.
- this exercise actually makes you stronger.
HOW TO PERFORM DUMBBELL DEADLIFT
- Stand with the feet hip-distance apart.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand by your sides with straight arms.
- Push your butt back as you bend the knees, squatting down just enough to tap the front end of the dumbbell to the floor.
- Keep your back straight, not curved or arched. Your chest should be parallel with the floor.
- Straighten your legs to stand up.
- This completes one rep.